Here's a breakdown of what he claims in the paper:
But instead, a relatively small but very vocal (and angry) group of people has undertaken a campaign of hysteria, lies, fear, and intimidation to discredit and demonize David Parker, his family, and anyone associated with him, including other parents who came to his side, Pastor Jed Snyder of Countryside Bible Chapel, and my group, Article 8 Alliance. There's been a tidal wave of letters to the editor, signs, op-ed articles, calls to talk shows, TV stations, and even calls to the Parker home.
- Article 8's Massresistance attacks their own: Jed Snyder
- Attacks on Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court Justice Margaret Marshall
- Attacks on same sex couples who have gotten married by Massresistance
- Illegally taping a workshop held for teenagers
- Picketing Tom Finneran
- Protest at Fanueil Hall, Northampton and Boston City Hall
Speaking of "hate group" tactics: A few Sundays ago the "tolerant" Lexington Cares people picketed outside a church in Wayland because it had the nerve to host an event to support David Parker. Isn't that exactly what the Kansas people did?Reality:
- see protests above
- The Lexington Cares group stood by watching silently unlike Article 8 having a man dress up like Margaret Marshall and destroy the Massachusetts constitution
- Their attacks on religious groups
It gets ludicrous. In a letter to the Minuteman, Juli Davidson said our Web site contains "hateful rhetoric" which she quoted as: "... jackbooted thugs currently in control in Lexington." Nothing like that was ever on our Web site. But why let facts get in the way? (Actually, that's on the MassResistance blog. But come on. Hateful rhetoric? Lighten up a bit! After all, they love calling us Nazis.)Reality:
- Lighten up? They are trying to take away rights from people and they say lighten up?
- Links are found between Parker, Article 8, Massresistance and the Parents' Right Coalition
- Article 8 has a link to Massresistance on its website.
- Additionally, the person who writes the blog is part of Article 8 (do a google search)
I had worked with these kinds of situations in Newton, so last January David called me for some advice. He needed some support, especially since so much of this emanates from national groups. Article 8 Alliance agreed to work with him.
- Ok, who's lying here? David Parker says he wasn't involved with Article 8 yet Camenker says he was?
It's unfortunate for Lexington that the "Lexington Cares" bunch can't defend their position, so they resort to hysterical ad hominem attacks and other intimidation devices. It's a truly disgusting tactic. They are destroying the reputations of decent people who simply insist on sticking to their own beliefs. Good people must not let this happen.
Just read the posts on this blog. Do a yahoo or google search of Massresistance and Article 8 for yourself. See their websites. Read through the hateful things Article 8 and Massresistance has been doing to innocent law abiding people of this Commonwealth and judge for yourself. Brian Camenker's letter in the Lexington Minuteman is simply DISGUSTING.