Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Smile, You're on Candid Camera

As I scanning stories online yesterday I saw one particular story that caught my eye:
Couple sentenced for having sex in front of child
PROVIDENCE, R.I. --A Woonsocket mother and her boyfriend were sentenced to three years probation on Monday for having intercourse in front of the woman's 9-year-old daughter to teach the girl about sex.

It caught my eye because it reminded me of a story Ms. Massresistance wrote a while ago:
From the time a child comes into the world, he observes his parents (one male, one female) interact. Sometimes they hug or kiss. And yes, he registers the fact that they sleep in the same bed. And sometimes the bedroom door is locked and he hears noises. This is a child's normal introduction to sex. It is simply put before him in the context of normal, healthy family activities. Pictures of a normal two-parent family in a picture book do convey a message to the child: This is a family.

I guess I was a bit surprised that they didn't put up this new story on their site since it seems to fit all their qualifications: one man, one woman, sometimes they hug or kiss of course they do take it one step further but could be this the slippery slope of teaching of your child about heterosexuality? (Massresistance/Article 8 loves slippery slopes, I mean they must, they talk about it all the time)

You also must check out QueerToday's post about the Monday meeting of the Commission on Gay and Lesbian Youth. It seems the people who love to take pictures of gay and lesbian families and children don't want their picture taken:

She [Ms. Massresistance] put her note pad over her face and told me that I could not take her picture. I pointed out that it was a ‘public’ meeting and I can and will! She went out into the hallway and cried to the State Police officers. The officers are out there to protect the commissioners from people like her and the repressed homosexual Brian Camenker. They backed me up and told her that I had every right to take any pictures I wanted. *as Brian Camenker took pictures of me*

She refused to come back into the meeting and had a follower grab her stuff


Just another example of how they intimidate gay and lesbian people yet shy away from the camera when they know that their faces will be posted. Keep up the good work Trevor!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like wise, straight, moral parenting! HA!