Tuesday, May 2, 2006

I'm Just a Stupid Elitist Liberal...

I was reading that the "WatchWord Bible" is being released today. What is the "WatchWord Bible" you might ask? I'll tell you, it's a 10-DVD version of the New Testament in response to The Da Vinci Code movie. It's being sold by the Promise Keepers and nationwide by about 140,000 churches through Christian Copyright Licensing International.

David Kirkpatrick, president of Good News Holdings (which I think is some kind of Christian financial group) calls The Da Vinci Code a "great work of fiction" but says it may confuse Christians about biblical history hence the "new" Bible.

DUH! Hit me upside the head with a 2 x 4.

I guess this is where I'm the stupid elitist Liberal because I KNOW it's a work of fiction. I believe it says fiction right on the cover. If you have to put out a 10 volume DVD to counter a fictional movie I think we have more problems in this country.

The reason I mention it here is because these are the people that the folks over at the Mass "Family" Institute want to vote on civil rights. People who cannot even figure out what fiction is. Then again, these are people that the MFI loves because they can force feed them fiction about gay and lesbian people to get them to vote the way they want.

Let's hope the Legislators know the difference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The reason the American Taliban can't tell the difference between fiction and non-fiction is because they burn books instead of reading them.