- Wednesday of last week, a male escort, Mike Jones, announces that he had a three year sexual relationship with Rev. Haggard who called himself "Art".
- Rev. Haggard, head of the New Life Church and president of the National Association of Evangelicals denied even knowing Mike Jones.
- Haggard steps down from both posts pending an investigation.
- On Friday, Haggard denied having sex with Mike Jones but admits to buying "meth" and getting a massage from him in an interview in his car with his wife in the passenger seat and his kids in the back seat.
- On Sunday, a letter is read to the New Life Church's congregation's where Rev. Ted Haggard admits to "sexual immorality" He has resigned from the National Association of Evangelicals and was fired from the New Life Church.
Now here's the thing, if there was such a thing as an "ex-gay" don't you think that the leader of a megachurch, who supposedly has "God's ear" would have been able to break free of his gay tendencies? This man, Reverend Ted Arthur Haggard, was married with 5 kids yet he still snuck out to "hook up" with a male prostitute all the while preaching that being gay is bad.
This "Christian" thought that it was better to admit to buying drugs and lying to thousands of people than to admit to having a relationship with another man.
If God didn't want anyone to be gay, don't you think he would have at least made the leader of a megachurch and president of a National Evangelical organization straight? (My husband says God has a sense of humor)
The Ex-Gay Watch website has the letter that was read to the congregation. In it, Rev. Haggard says he tried to change but couldn't:
Through the years, I’ve sought assistance in a variety of ways, with none of them proving to be effective in me. Then, because of pride, I began deceiving those I love the most because I didn’t want to hurt or disappoint them.
The most telling thing about the whole letter is that Rev. Haggard cannot name what his "sexual problem" is. Additionally, Ex-Gay Watch notes:
Unfortunately, Haggard's failure to name the failed forms of assistance leaves other people vulnerable to the same ineffective and costly treatments.
Ex-gay therapies, PFOX, Exodus and so many others are just a sham and cannot change someone's sexual orientation, Rev. Haggard proved that! I mean come on folks, if he can't reverse his sexual orientation through prayer and accepting Jesus as his personal savior who can? I think God is having a good laugh.