It seems like it's a big surprise that:
- Everyone is NOT Christian,
- Everyone is NOT to married to a woman (or in Newt Gingrich’s case 3 women)
- Everyone is NOT white
- In today’s economy both spouses have to work (man/woman, man/man, and woman/woman) or
- you're scraping by raising a family on one income and have no spouse.
- Lots of couples, both gay and straight are choosing whether to have children or not.
For myself, I celebrate Christmas, I have NO problem with people wishing me a “Happy Holidays”, they don’t know me from Adam so why should they assume I celebrate Christmas (Isn't this profiling?) Just like why should they assume I’m straight, YOU CAN’T! Can you imagine what Jerry Falwell would say if you assumed he was, A GAY?. I do wear a wedding band and I'm legally married, but I have a husband (and I will still be married even if they pass this discriminatory amendment in Massachusetts).
This is NOT a cookie cutter world, if we were all alike how boring would that be? Actually, it’s bone-chilling to think about it, horrifying even!