It's not that we disagree with the basic point of Sears' argument. Major societal disruptions can take decades or longer to manifest. Look at welfare or no-fault divorce. They didn't seem like such big deals in the year or two after they began.Uh, Ms. Massresistance, you forget to mention removing segregation or allowing women the right to vote. Gosh, we've been feeling those effects for years. I mean really, people of color on equal footing with white folks! What is this world coming to? And women voting! Golly, feminism is the downfall of the traditional family, well, at least until same sex marriage came along.
But Sears misses what's happening on the ground here, and really bad things ARE happening. Maybe he should come visit our public places and observe all the same-sex couples brazenly making out, see "gay" men doing it wrapped inside an American flag on our billboards, or pick up filthy homosexual "newspapers" on the freebie shelves in our neighborhood supermarkets and in front of our post offices (where children can get them). All this has greatly accelerated in the last year and a half. Churches are being picketed by other "ministers" if they dare to say homosexuality is immoral. A website has sprung up to intimidate anyone who signs the new marriage amendment petition. Rowdy, juvenile parties are being held in the State House by queer activists. Trans workshops were held and the vile, pornographic Little Black Book was distributed at a GLSEN conference attended by young teenagers at Brookline High School.I think what's so laughable is that all these things would have happened whether or not same sex marriage is happening or not.
- visit our public places and observe all the same-sex couples brazenly making out: Once again I wonder where she goes? I see more same sex couples holding hands, but making out? Oh, I forgot, in places that don't have same sex marriage the police arrest you for kissing someone of the same sex.
- see "gay" men doing it wrapped inside an American flag on our billboards: Holy voyeurism Batman, she's still obsessed with gays have sex! Note to Ms. Massresistance: Look at their faces, I assure you if they were doing it, they would have different expressions on their faces.
- pick up filthy homosexual "newspapers" on the freebie shelves in our neighborhood supermarkets and in front of our post offices: Does this line remind anyone of "Serial Mom"? Dirty filthy homosexual newspapers! Honey, Baywindows has probably been around longer than you've been a member of this Commonwealth. I mean can you believe it! They actually charge for Maxim, Playboy, Cheri, Hustler and Penthouse!
- Churches are being picketed by other "ministers" if they dare to say homosexuality is immoral: I guess this is terribly different than obnoxious "conservative" protestors picketing in front of churches.
- A website has sprung up to intimidate anyone who signs the new marriage amendment petition: No, the website has sprung up to publicize the name of people who want to take the rights of other citizens away. So I guess you and Article 8's postings of State Reps home phone numbers and email addresses are intimidation too?
- Rowdy, juvenile parties are being held in the State House by queer activists: Darn, I was at the Statehouse AND I didn't get invited to the parties: I just stood there singing and listening to the Legislature debate my right to marry the person I choose. Oh, I also heard the "Christians" screaming and howling in the back of the hall. (I guess they missed the passage in the Bible where Jesus tells them to not let your right hand know what your left hand is doing)
- Trans workshops were held: God knows this doesn't happen anywhere else in this country. The whole transgender population has descended on Massachusetts now that same sex couples can marry. They are coming out of the woodworks! And all those women wearing pants!
- the vile, pornographic Little Black Book was distributed at a GLSEN conference attended by young teenagers at Brookline High School: Oh, do you mean the vile pornographic book which Article 8 knew about on April 30th, the one that is so bad that it took them over two weeks to hold a press conference to announce? That book? The one that was created from a similar book in another state that doesn't have same sex marriages?
The biggest change in a year and a half has been Article 8, Massresistance and Mass "Family" Institute's constant threats of the doom and gloom to come. In my humble opinion, I still question why people like Ms. Massresistance are even allowed to raise children, however, that's my opinion. I'm not out there trying to take away their rights yet they insist on taking away mine.