No, "Love Won Out" is about recovering from homosexuality through a relationship with JESUS, not God. Jews, Muslims and Atheists need not apply. From the Focus on the family website:
As hundreds of people from across Massachusetts and came to the Tremont Temple Baptist Church to attend a widely acclaimed conference on recovering from homosexuality through a relationship with God, angry and enraged homosexual activists converged outside to intimidate and terrorize them.
...Major themes included theology and relationships with God, as well as
practical information for those struggling with homosexuality or who know people
who are in that situation.
"Love Won Out's cornerstone continues be the hope and healing that is found in Jesus Christ," said Melissa Fryrear, a conference speaker and former lesbian. "Many attendees are struggling to maintain the balance between holding onto their beliefs and loving a gay family member or friend. The conference will encourage and equip them to do just that."Article 8 LOVES to say "Bad Bad Gays demonstrating outside a Church" and tries to act like this is all about the Gays against religion. They did this with their "rally" for David Parker in Natick. They do it again here. They neglect to say that the Tremont Street Temple was renting the space to the Focus on the Family. It was NOT put on by the church.
What I don't get is the way Article 8 tells it:
- More and more showed up, and they acted angrier and more hostile toward people there for the conference.
- Police allow near-riot outside, but tell people inside they can't leave.
- Boston police barricaded church doors and would not allow people in church to leave, as homosexual activist demonstrators block street, scream, intimidate, and threaten.
- Coffin facing church, police look on as demonstrators scream and terrorize conference participants.
- What ensued was a near-riot, as Boston police continued to stand and watch.
And yet there was NO VIOLENCE!!! No arrests!!! How can that be? Article 8 made it sound like a combat zone. Hmm...I guess the police were doing their job.