Monday, October 3, 2005

Butcha Ya Are Kris Mineau, Ya Are!

A BIG lie that the anti-gay folks, Mass "Family" Institute and Ray "it's not against anybody, it's for children" Flynn keep saying about this "new" amendment is that it's not taking away anyone's rights. The Mass Anti-Family website has the following:
Under Article 1 of the U.S. Constitution, it is nearly impossible to retroactively revoke rights that have been granted by judicial decree or legislative act.
Butcha ya are Blanche, ya are! You see there is something they are not addressing. Let me give you an example:

I love my husband dearly. We were married earlier this year. Each of us have the right under the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to marry each other. When, unfortunately for me, I die (and it's after 2008) my spouse will not be able to get remarried. Now as I said earlier, I love him completely AND I would not want him to be alone in the years following my death so if the right person comes along, I would surely want him to get remarried. However, under this new amendment, he would not be able to get to. So his marriage rights ARE revoked. I won't even get into the debate about how a single gay or lesbian person who has the rights to get married today will not have it after 2008, if the amendment gets passed.

Can you imagine what Newt Gingrich would do if he wasn't allowed to marry this three wives? Likewise, Ronald Reagan wouldn't have been able to marry Nancy Davis and make her first lady. These people ARE trying to take away our rights, plain and simple. We have the right to marry (Yes, Ms. Massresistance, there are no quotes around marry because we CAN get legally married in this state and no amount of you saying its illegal is going to change that fact)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The promise of America is that we all are equal; we all are free. How dare one set of Americans think so highly of themselves that they get decide who gets what rights and when. Americans need to wake up and see how this self-appointed American Taliban is corrupting the ballot initiative process to effectuate a coup d'etat and install their brand of theocracy. Get out your burkas because they're coming after you next.