Monday, July 16, 2007

Polite & Reasonable?

I'm still thinking about Massresistance's post the other day when they said they were through with being "polite & reasonable" when I saw this article from Texas:

A Cypress man charged in the death of a Southwest Airlines flight attendant said Saturday that he was doing God's work when he went to a Montrose-area bar last month, hunting for a gay man to kill.

"I believe I'm Elijah, called by God to be a prophet," said 26-year-old Terry Mark Mangum, charged with murder June 11. " ... I believe with all my heart that I was doing the right thing."


This is what happens when "religious" people believe they have the right to force their opinions and beliefs on the general public. To think that people were outraged when Rosie O'Donnell made comments about radical "Christians".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe he'll get off when he proclaims that he is being prosecuted because of his religious beliefs.

Anonymous said...

I think it is the LGBT community that has been far to polite and reasonable.

Perhaps it is time that our community takes action with the likes of Amy and Brian. And those accused of the recent gay bashing should also feel the wrath of us pissed off queers.

But, then again, we would be sinking to the underbelly of the right-wing...and who wants that.

BlackTsunami said...

You think that's bad, scroll over to One News Now and read the comments of those who approve of those folks interrupting the Hindu man of God when he gave the prayer in the Senate.