Friday, November 9, 2007

Lower Than a Snake's Belly

Wow, I just read the most vile and truly disgusting post over at Massresistance. Brian and Amy not only threw Amy's daughter under the bus, but they backed up, ran over her and did it all over again. I am amazed that any parent would do that to their own child:

Homosexual activists - possibly in cooperation with school staff -- have viciously targeted a 17-year-old special-needs student, the daughter of Amy Contrada, a MassResistance staffer. (It's outrageous that a parent is now forced to reveal once-private information in order to stop this assault.)

Not happy with making sure that the world knows that Amy's daughter is adopted and of another race, Massresistance is broadcasting that the young woman is a special-needs student. (That's one way to boost her self esteem). They publish all this personal information about this poor young woman just to further their own homophobic agenda. They blame everyone who has ever come in contact with Amy's daughter for her being a lesbian, which Amy claims could never be true.

What normal parent would on one hand take pictures of their child's bedroom and post it on the web for the world to see and on the other hand claim that the woman is disturbed? Unbelievable! I cannot believe that Brian and Amy of MassResistance would exploit Amy's daughter like this. I never thought they could get any lower than they already have (Posting children's pictures on their website, video and audio tapping of children against their parent's permission, accusing people of serious crimes without proof, etc...) I was wrong.

Oh, for the record, when I was growing up I had pictures of all of the Charlie's Angels (except Kate Jackson) on my walls.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

As they say, denial is not just a river in Egpyt

Rieux said...

(I'm posting this for the third time on three different Massachusetts gay-rights blogs, because I'd very much like one of you guys to take me up on my request at the end. Desperation is attractive, right?)

A thought occurred to me as I was reading "Ryan's Take" on this news: there are still two performances left of "The Laramie Project" at Acton-Boxborough Regional High School. Despite the fact that a cast member has been spirited away by a virulently homophobic parent, presumably the show must go on tonight and tomorrow night, November 9 and 10.

Call me melodramatic, but it seems to me that recent events make these last two AB performances of "Laramie" among the most important productions of that play that have ever been mounted--anywhere and by anyone. There's a fundamental congruence between the events that led to the creation of the play and the events that have just occurred in a home in Acton; obviously the brutality of Matthew Shepard's death is unparalleled (and I expect the younger Ms. Contrada will come through this stronger than ever)--but it sure appears to me that both incidents originated in the same kind of hatred.

So I wish I could attend AB's performance of "Laramie" tonight. A play that was created to document and contemplate the aftermath of an outrageous act of homophobia... now has to go up in the aftermath of an outrageous act of homophobia. I think there's something profound and (forgive me) potentially awe-inspiring about that.

I would certainly understand if the cast and production staff of AB's "Laramie" chose simply to find ways to cover the younger Ms. Contrada's parts and not invoke her name, with the intention of protecting her privacy. I'm sure they're thinking about her constantly regardless.

Still, I wish I weren't forced to be hundreds of miles away from Acton tonight. Would, er, a certain blogger have time to head over there and let the rest of us know how it goes?

Ryan said...

Mike at Marry in Mass was at one of the earlier showings. That said, I'd suspect that the show won't go on. It's almost impossible to replace *anyone* during a show, unless she already had an understudy. The best they could probably do is give someone the sheet of paper and go over what Claudia's part required.

I've done many plays before and know how much and how hard Claudia and her friends must have worked to make this happen. It's such an important piece, not one just any high school could do. I hope they can pull it off and keep it going tonight and tomorrow, even if they just give a brief announcemnt at the beginning about the gist of what happened to one of their cast members and why someone had to take her place without being fully prepared. The audience would rally behind them, I'm positive.

That said, I'll look into it tonight and see if I can make it.

John Hosty said...

Amy calls Claudia "special needs" and says she has a therapist. I wonder if she has one of her own.

I wonder at what point people start asking whether or not this is a child in danger from her enviornment?

Uncle Glenny said...

Weird. Kate Jackson was my favorite.

But I didn't have a picture of her in my room; I had a poster of Roman Gabriel taped to the ceiling.